Who We Are
What We Do
How We Do It
Programme content: While on the programme, young people will be offered a range of sessions including special interest activities, day trips and specific individual work. The programme provides a number of respite overnights to focus on independent living skills, social skills development, provision of respite and problem-solving approaches (both planned and responsive).
Janus works at the young person’s pace to build upon their personal attributes and undeveloped potential. The project operates within an interagency model of work, connecting interventions within a holistic model inclusive of school and local community supports, making the young person aware of this approach. Staff liaise closely with primary care-givers and involve them in the contract setting and also utilise the strengths of primary carers (and, where appropriate, extended carers) to build a package of support for the young person.
*Covid 19: The service has continued to operate throughout Covid-19 – face to face sessions have continued, in line with Government guidelines, where they are deemed necessary to support the young person. Virtual engagement is also provided over the phone and online.
Who We Serve
What People Say
- I feel the project has really helped me and my family. I’m very grateful for the support and all the help.
- I found the Extern service very flexible and dynamic when looking at young people’s needs and tailoring individual programmes for individual young people.
- I hear nothing but positive comments from the young people and their families. Great communication and positive working relationships.
- Excellent service. Maintained consistent contact and interactions with young person throughout covid restrictions.
- Extern staff always in contact and update SW on regular basis. Great working relationship with young person and their carers. The overnights and weekend/evening work with the young person has been invaluable.
- The service was extremely helpful, supportive and collaborative in it’s approach to working in the best interest of the young person and their family.
25 Newcastle Road,
Opening & Closing