Who We Are
Welcome to the Galway branch of Cuidiú, a national parent-to-parent support organisation and charity run by volunteer parents. The Irish name Cuidiú means care and support for all parents with bumps or babes, tots or teens.
Cuidiúʼs motto is education and support for parenthood. Our aim is to provide information to parents which allows them to make informed choices about pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding and to provide a supportive background to empower parents to act upon their decisions.
What We Do
How We Do It
– Group and 1:1 preparation for birth and early parenting classes
– Breastfeeding preparation classes
– Group meet-ups across Galway county, facilitated by trained volunteer breastfeeding counsellors
– Support and information by phone with trained volunteer breastfeeding counsellors
– Current locations Galway City, Ballinasloe, Athenry, Oranmore, Gort, Clifden
– Parent & Toddler groups in Galway city
– Support and information by phone with trained volunteer peer supporters
Who We Serve
– Parents and families