An evidence-based parenting course promoting confidence, learning and positive behaviour in children aged 6 to 11 years.
Targeting the needs of primary school children, the Parents Plus Children’s Programme shows parents how to communicate positively with children, illustrating ways to encourage good social skills, as well as well-researched methods to tackle behaviour and emotional problems. The aim of the course is to help parents not only solve discipline and other childhood problems, but also for parents to develop closer and more satisfying relationships with their children.
- Solving childhood problems.
- Play and special time with children.
- Building children’s self-esteem and confidence.
- Encouraging children’s learning/supporting homework.
- Setting rules and helping children keep them.
- Establishing daily routines.
- Managing misbehaviour using consequences and sanctions.
- Problem solving/talking problems through with children.
Who should attend
The course is free to attend and open to all parents and carers . Where possible we recommend that both parents attend the course as we have found this helps the child the most. If you are a single parent, please feel free to bring along another supportive family member. We will meet all parents for an individual introductory meeting prior to the group starting.
The course consists of nine group sessions via Zoom Tuesday evenings commencing on Tuesday Oct 6thto Dec 8th from 7pm-9:30pm
PPCP Information Sheet for Parents Word .docx 127KB