The HSE Child and Adolescent Primary Care Psychology Service in Mayo has launched a new initiative aimed at parents and caregivers of children and teenagers. The series of online information talks was created by the psychology service (including Psychologists and Assistant Psychologists).
Each information talk offers practical tips and strategies to parents and caregivers on supporting their children and teenagers.
The series includes talks on:-
- how to support a child with anxiety
- the importance of attachment in children and teenagers
- the importance of sleep for children and teens
- building resilience in children
- supporting your child in regulating their emotions and returning to a good routine after lockdown.
Each talk is between 40-60 minutes and each video has links to evidence-based resources on the topics.
To access the free online talks, go to YouTube.com and search for ‘Community Healthcare West series of parent talks’ on the Youtube search bar, or go to the following link: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=community+healthcare+west+series+of+parent+talks, or watch them here on this page.